The PrimoChill Rigid Tube Silicone Bending Insert Solid Cord is used for bending PETG/Acrylic Rigid Tubing. It allows the rigid tube to be heated and bent with less likelihood of the rigid tube collapsing and creating little cavities along the surface of the bent rigid tube. This insert cord is solid and is recommended for more complex bends. The solid cord is a little harder to remove vs a tubed version bending insert and cannot be stretched as much.
- Durable Silicon Material
- Acrylic and PETG rigid tube
- Single 3 Foot Piece Bending Insert (Solid Cord)
Not responsible for any damage caused by or when using this product. Please use at your own risk.
The bending insert is meant to have a tight fit. If it is loose, the rigid tube will collapse, kink, form air pockets and flat spots. The tighter the fit, the better the result. This process requires patience, but will become easier the more you practice.
PLEASE NOTE:A bending insert is meant to have a tight fit. Otherwise, the rigid tube will collapse, kink, form air pockets and flat spots when heated. The tighter the fit, the better the result. This process requires patience and practice.
The bending insert requires some stretching and lubricating to get it in the rigid tube.
1. Stretch the bending insert. Remove any excess that isn’t stretched.
2. Ream the rigid tube with the RFB for best results (or a reamer) to ensure a clean opening for easier insertion.
3. Apply several drops of Tube Lube on the bending insert itself and then place several more drops into the rigid tube.
4. Work the bending insert into the rigid tube.